I told the Tea-Partier George Bush was a socialist and his urging of "re-capitalizing" was a clever Socialist ruse. The Tea-Partier clamored, "How?" I said, "Republicans are clever, they use code, they use the word 'recapitalize' to fool people because it sounds like capitalism. In fact, George Bush is a Socialist, he wants to redistribute wealth from the bottom upwards." Just ask yourself where did that capital to bail out the banks come from? Where does the capital for farm subsidies come from?
Romney's stated policies in business during the first presidential debate: champion the growth and development for the middle class. Until now, Romney's position was widely perceived as one of the biggest enemies to the middle class. One of his most powerful moments during the debate was the contrast he illustrated between the president’s decision to finance the five big banks, while allowing small banks to fail across America. Some credit should be given to the president, however, for his short-term policies to save the banks, and the wise business decision to make interest from the banks that were save through the...
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago