I have never heard a feminist acknowledge that most modern women are by nature afraid and most literally depend on a paternal government to protect them from everything, from the men in their lives (i.e., Violence Against Women Act) to the right to defy reason, logic and personal responsibility (e.g., Affirmative Action, No-Fault Divorce, Abortions on Demand, etc.). The relationship between feminism (i.e., female-chauvinism) and big government and the promotion of every leftwing cause should be obvious due to the weaker sex’s natural and apparent fear of everything & perpetual need for “security” in all facets of their respective lives. This is of course reflected in how they vote. Economist John Lott, author of the book...
An article earlier this year in Politico speculated that this presidential election may be the first one ever to be decided by women. The Obama campaign understands this, and has trotted out a series of ditzy female celebrities to declare their support for Obama because he is for “women’s rights.” Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johansson and others have come out publicly with statements within the past few weeks. Longoria spoke at the Democratic National Convention, and has said, "There is an attack on women’s health care and President Obama's policies are the only ones that are...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014