I have never heard a feminist acknowledge that most modern women are by nature afraid and most literally depend on a paternal government to protect them from everything, from the men in their lives (i.e., Violence Against Women Act) to the right to defy reason, logic and personal responsibility (e.g., Affirmative Action, No-Fault Divorce, Abortions on Demand, etc.). The relationship between feminism (i.e., female-chauvinism) and big government and the promotion of every leftwing cause should be obvious due to the weaker sex’s natural and apparent fear of everything & perpetual need for “security” in all facets of their respective lives. This is of course reflected in how they vote. Economist John Lott, author of the book...
An article earlier this year in Politico speculated that this presidential election may be the first one ever to be decided by women. The Obama campaign understands this, and has trotted out a series of ditzy female celebrities to declare their support for Obama because he is for “women’s rights.” Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johansson and others have come out publicly with statements within the past few weeks. Longoria spoke at the Democratic National Convention, and has said, "There is an attack on women’s health care and President Obama's policies are the only ones that are...
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014