Last night in Northern Virginia, Democratic Rep. Jim Moran held a public "conversation about gun violence." Moran respesents Virginia's 8th congressional district. Celia Bigelow, the former campus action director for American Majority Action, asked Moran why he felt it was appropriate to legislate women into being victims. Bigelow specifically referred to the story of Amanda Collins who said she was "legislated into being a victim" by university bureaucrats. Collins was raped on campus in a gun free zone at gun point. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of her concealed carry permit, but not her...
In the liberal/progressive dimension/universe, a gun is inherently "evil" and more guns equate to more evil. By controlling access via measures that only negatively affect the law abiding, they think in their own little minds that they are mitigating the spread of said evil. Why? Because like every pathological impulse that emanates from the mind of the average Progressive, it is easier to create the illusion of being effective, e.g., banning guns, rather than address the existence of a hyphenated-American gutter sub-culture that generates most gun violence, e.g., in “gun-free” zones like Chicago.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago