Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
Mutually exclusive expectations by the BHO administration: the US military is expected to "pivot" from the Middle East AOR (death of UBL= death of Al Qaeda- unfortunately reality reasserted itself in Libya) to the Pacific Rim AOR where the "tyranny of geography" rules due the size of the Pacific Ocean & all it's associated geography. This is a USN/USMC intensive operational domain that can't be maintained, e.g., fighting piracy, w/o sufficient presence in terms of x number of ships to support said mission sets in said AOR. Typical ignorant trial lawyer minimizing the complexity of military operations.
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 7 hours ago