Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
Of those fleeing, many put the democraps in office, kept them there and are leaving the rest of us to their thievery. They killed the Central Valley and with it, brought higher prices for crops, because of a sticking knat, who lives in the water or something like that. CA is what is going to happen to the other 56+ if the man who said he has been to 57 and has two more to go is reelected. And Obama's teachers union says raise taxes on everyone else so we can be paid more. Along with New York, we have a below average high school graduation rate, but they who earned that want more. CA ranks 48th for high school graduation. The good side, freeways which may not be free, may be a little less congested.
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 48 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 4 hours ago