Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 2:11 PM
To all the folks who have responded to me: I’m sorry that I am too busy to read now and I will try to get back to you all later. Thanks, the responses have been great and the discourse very lively.

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 12:44 PM
I'm sorry, that was addressed to Anominus

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 12:41 PM
Because many same sex marriages do provide stability and not all traditional marriages provide stability in any sense of the word. So in essence, this reward is not based on the behavior you claim it is meant for. Furthermore, marriage is about the joining of two lives through a sacred or ultimate pledge. It is not about propagation. Though an important part of life, the lack of children does not invalidate or devalue a traditional marriage. Finally if it is an all important goal of society to employ best method for raising the next generation of citizens, then it would enforce standards to that end and take steps against those who don’t provide such a setting. Are you calling for the government to come in and take away the child?

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 12:21 PM
Why would a same sex marriage not include monogamy? And why would it be less demanding. Otherwise, you refer to propagation which reduces relationships to nothing more than the breeding of livestock. My desire to have children had nothing to do with benefiting society. Furthermore, none of this addresses the issue that same-sex couplings cannot be considered as being of the same value as the real thing. Devaluating once marriage through things like infidelity is an individual choice that many heterosexuals make.

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 12:15 PM
DMC: No, that’s not the same thing. The person struggling with temptation already has the desire. If they had chosen to have the desire, there would be no struggle or even temptation. For example, I am not tempted to eat foods I do not like and I have never chosen to like or dislike a particular food. In that same vein, I cannot conceive how I could ever find another man sexually attractive. It is impossible. Hence, there is no temptation.

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 12:07 PM
DMC: That’s an equivocation. A more accurate statement is that however many times marriage has been redefined, it has never varied from the male/female relationship. That is a statement that I could not refute. And it is the one vestige of strength in the argument against same-sex marriages.

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 12:04 PM
Ok, I’ll buy that; but that is in no way related to Gabriela’s comment or my response. If anyone, she is the one who judged God, I questioned her judgment.

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 12:01 PM
DMC: No, you either have a choice or you don’t. “combination of various contributing factors” is just another way of saying beyond one’s ability to choose. The range of how much interest is inconsequential to the nature of choice.

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 11:56 AM
DMC: Yes, I did. Did you read the first sentence in my above post? It seems you always have some reason for not supporting your statements. I am asking for you to support that last sentence in your post above.

Will Democrats End Marriage As We Know It?

DEmike Wrote: Aug 01, 2012 11:43 AM
DMC: Yes, that is what you said yesterday and you have not supported that statement. Otherwise the implication was: Same sex marriage is NOT a threat to America or any one. It does not interfere with any one's rights. It does not interfere in any way with opposite sex couples getting married and raising families.