We have more than the two big problems of which Ms. Loudon wrote. The bigger problem is people breeding who shouldn't. I've thought for years that since we have to qualify for many varied licenses in this country, we should also license breeding, restricting the privilege to people who have sufficient mental capaciities and can house, feed, clothe and properly educate their offspring. The parents of the young murderer are to blame. A "father" who hadn't seen his son in two years and a damned fool "mother" who purchased lethal weapons, taught her mentally affected son how to use them, then didn't properly lock them away.
Anytime I hear leftists look for solutions I am skeptical. Speaking in Newtown, Connecticut, Obama stated with absolute resolution, "These tragedies must end, and to end them we must change." We have heard that word "change" before. We must change. OK. How exactly? A madman goes on a rampage and the rest of us must change?
Then Democrat operative, Kirsten Powers goes on Fox News and opines that we should make it easier to forcibly commit people. All Americans should be on alert; we have been warned exactly what is coming. This may be the most critical...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 10 hours ago