I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
Isn't it about time for independents and non-demmie/liberal progressives to go on strike a la Any Rand's John Galt? How far would they get with all their sanctimony and handouts if they weren't provided with the wherewithal to do so? This was the problem with smokers and drinkers - they didn't fight back and now they're paying for it in ever-increasing "sin taxes" being perpetrated against them. Which group got the most increases in NIH research funding because they screamed the loudest? Those with AIDS and their friends, even though it's totally preventable and there are many other afflictions that affect many more people than does AIDS. So now the couch-potato-parasites elect and re-elect the crooked pols who give them what they want
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Americans unhappy with how Obama has managed the conflict in Gaza Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jesse Ventura: Don’t feel sorry for Chris Kyle’s widow, I’m the victim here Noah Rothman 3 hours ago