With last night's superlative speeches, America -- and the GOP -- learned two important things that will matter in years to come.
First, we learned beyond doubt that Condoleezza Rice is a firm conservative. Her message, mixing hard truths with uplifting themes, was a model for the way Republicans can -- and should -- reach out to minority voters in the future. Without any hint of pandering, she showed how concern for the least privileged among us fits comfortably within the conservative message, especially when it comes to education. From the talks she gave during the Bush years, I...
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 6 hours ago