Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
How can we expect Washington to present a balanced budget if it hasn't even passed ANY budget? And how do we expect it to adhere to a balanced-budget Constitutional amendment when it's willing ignore the other ones?
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago