Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
I am afraid that the Republican Party division is more than merely one between two factions. I was and continue to be a staunch supporter of President George W. Bush. I believe that history will record him as a truly compassionate conservative, a distinctly high honor. I believe he lives happily knowing that he governed morally and effectively. Had opposing factions of the party given him the support he earned by espousing conservative and compassionate programs, we would not now have to cope with a devastating immigration problem. Had the Party supported him when he proposed a solution for easing the cost of public entitlements, we would not be hoping that President Obama will offer such a program tonight. (continued next)
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago