Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
I am afraid that the Republican Party division is more than merely one between two factions. I was and continue to be a staunch supporter of President George W. Bush. I believe that history will record him as a truly compassionate conservative, a distinctly high honor. I believe he lives happily knowing that he governed morally and effectively. Had opposing factions of the party given him the support he earned by espousing conservative and compassionate programs, we would not now have to cope with a devastating immigration problem. Had the Party supported him when he proposed a solution for easing the cost of public entitlements, we would not be hoping that President Obama will offer such a program tonight. (continued next)
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 4 hours ago