Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
I am afraid that the Republican Party division is more than merely one between two factions. I was and continue to be a staunch supporter of President George W. Bush. I believe that history will record him as a truly compassionate conservative, a distinctly high honor. I believe he lives happily knowing that he governed morally and effectively. Had opposing factions of the party given him the support he earned by espousing conservative and compassionate programs, we would not now have to cope with a devastating immigration problem. Had the Party supported him when he proposed a solution for easing the cost of public entitlements, we would not be hoping that President Obama will offer such a program tonight. (continued next)
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 17 hours ago