Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
I am afraid that the Republican Party division is more than merely one between two factions. I was and continue to be a staunch supporter of President George W. Bush. I believe that history will record him as a truly compassionate conservative, a distinctly high honor. I believe he lives happily knowing that he governed morally and effectively. Had opposing factions of the party given him the support he earned by espousing conservative and compassionate programs, we would not now have to cope with a devastating immigration problem. Had the Party supported him when he proposed a solution for easing the cost of public entitlements, we would not be hoping that President Obama will offer such a program tonight. (continued next)
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 38 mins ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago