Do you honestly think the construction company given money by the government takes better care of its equipment/employees than the company that pays for these things out of its own pocketbook? Do you really believe that all those welfare recipients who drive their Twinkies and beer home in their Avalanches are deserving of your tax money that they receive in the form of welfare and food stamps? Your example of the Hoover Dam is a bit misleading, since it is a cooperative effort between several state governments and the federal government. At best, is an example of what can be accomplished when states work together for a common need. Whether the federal government should be involved is the real issue here.
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 2 hours ago