Americans are living longer lives, and the additional years of retirement are putting a strain on Social Security and Medicare. But raising the retirement age - a bipartisan cost-cutting favorite - is deeply problematic unless Americans are healthy when they reach their mid-60s and...
In response to:
Can we just face the facts? Obama is totally ignorant when it comes to economics and American History. If he ever had a class in economics (which we can't validate without college transcripts) it was from some leftist professor and not someone like Thomas Sowell or Walter E. Williams. And of course he's never heard of Milton Freidman. The man is the most unqualified to ever run for president much less be elected. All that is showing in his narcisstic actions.
The latest fiscal cliff plan from President Obama promised $400 billion in entitlement savings. An analysis by the Washington Post of the likely composition of those "savings" showed that nearly half of those cuts would come from requiring prescription drug rebates in Medicare. That would be a huge mistake for the country's fiscal and physical health.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 10 hours ago