What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
To hear many one would think the US invented slavery. Less than 20% of the Africans brought to the New World as slaves came to North America. Slavery still exists today being mainly practiced by the "peace loving" religion of Islam. Slavery was on the way out when North egged the South on. By the way, slavery was not the primary reason for the War Between the States.
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 18 mins ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 3 hours ago