What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
every morning wondering what the government will do to them today. Lincoln was the first in a line of destroyers of States Rights (and that phrase does not equate to slavery as portrayed by the left) followed by Teddy Roosevelt, Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Nixon, and Obama. The Roosevelt and Kennedy families have done more destruction to this once great country than any other clan in our history. Thank goodness Lincoln did not procreate to contribute any further harm.
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 39 mins ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago