Go back and read the newspapers of the time. Read the actions of Lincoln. What you will find he shredded the Constitution. He had state legislatures arrested for going against his edicts.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago