What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
No... a constitutional amendment. That can be done by the states (although far more likely after a congressional vote). Key to make it pass would be to exempt those in office now. We'd just have to vote them out.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago