What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
No... a constitutional amendment. That can be done by the states (although far more likely after a congressional vote). Key to make it pass would be to exempt those in office now. We'd just have to vote them out.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 7 hours ago