What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
No... a constitutional amendment. That can be done by the states (although far more likely after a congressional vote). Key to make it pass would be to exempt those in office now. We'd just have to vote them out.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 36 minutes ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago