What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
No... a constitutional amendment. That can be done by the states (although far more likely after a congressional vote). Key to make it pass would be to exempt those in office now. We'd just have to vote them out.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 20 hours ago