As I listened to the first lady talk about what her family did to make sure she got a first-class education and how she and her husband struggled to pay off their hefty student loans, I couldn't help but...
Ms Saunders, altho the jist of your article has the right 'content' ,your assertion that Romney's education was 'handed' to him is uncalled for envious. Michelle's early education (private high school, top of the line elementary, solid middle class parents without financial worries) was 'handed ' to her as well. Additionally, Romney's father came from nothing and, like most parents today (like the Obama's saving for THEIR childrens' education) saved for HIS children's education. Your comment "If someone else had handed the Obamas' college and law school educations to them, they'd be Mitt Romney. " is an insult to all of us who are that 'someone else', the PARENTS of the children we choose to give an education to through OUR hard work!
Michelle Obama connected with voters during her moving opening night speech of the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday. She was smart, extremely likable and the perfect spokeswoman for the American president as she talked about "the unflinching sacrifice" her parents and husband's family made so their kids could have the "chance to go places they had never imagined for themselves."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago