The turbulent waters of American politics grew more treacherous last week as former President Bill Clinton plunged, uninvited into the 2012 campaign unleashing a number of rhetorical zingers, defending Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s private sector career and expressing an opinion that the Bush-era tax cuts should be extended in order to ward off a recession that Clinton sees looming just over the horizon. Those comments were not particularly noteworthy, except for the fact that they stand in direct opposition to the re-election strategy of the Obama campaign, which is to paint Romney as an agent of heartless capitalism, and to...
I'm not so sure but what the Clinton's may have their eyes on something a bit more near-at-hand. If, say, Obama's numbers were to tank sufficiently before the Democratic convention that it appears he is going to lose, might Hillary not step in at the last moment to "save" the day and garner enough convention delegate votes to become the Democratic nominee? Or would such a maneuver even be possible? I don't put anything past the Democrats any longer!
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 26 minutes ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago