Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
he'll create the illusion that he's helping them. Like with his cell phone giveaways, mortgage reduction schemes, but he'll continue to punish, tax those who work hard. Just like the Roosevelts, he'll excoriate, attack the people, the Cos who've created the oil riches, just to win the public's approval. Then he'll use those same resources to buy favors, luxuries for millions of Americans, people who've done nothing to earn it. This'll create more-more political dependence, more-more corruption, more-more Socialism, and the crowds will cheer him for it ! No one cheers more for a tyrant than those he enslaves. So it'll be in 2016, when the crowd will demand yet another Obama presidency. These are changes that very few people understand,
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 8 hours ago