Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
will capitalize on this energy revolution to become the most powerful POTUS in modern history. Like other energy-backed demagogues around the world, Putin, Chavez, the Kirstners in Argentina, he'll not willingly give up his power. He will use oil and natural gas to transform America into a modern petro-socialist state. And he'll use oil to stay in power, for as long as possible ! These predictions might surprise you. But when this comes to pass, what'll shock you is how millions of Americans will applaud these changes. Your neighbors don't want freedom. They don't want lower taxes. They don't want more opportunity. You know what they want ? More handouts ! Their President telling other people all over the world what to do, just because
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago