Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
will capitalize on this energy revolution to become the most powerful POTUS in modern history. Like other energy-backed demagogues around the world, Putin, Chavez, the Kirstners in Argentina, he'll not willingly give up his power. He will use oil and natural gas to transform America into a modern petro-socialist state. And he'll use oil to stay in power, for as long as possible ! These predictions might surprise you. But when this comes to pass, what'll shock you is how millions of Americans will applaud these changes. Your neighbors don't want freedom. They don't want lower taxes. They don't want more opportunity. You know what they want ? More handouts ! Their President telling other people all over the world what to do, just because
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago