Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Saudi Arabia of natural gas. We'll dominate the global market for natural gas. Obama will be able to pick, choose which of our allies get our natural gas, how much they have to pay. Whomever he picks, one thing is certain: Having this much oil, natural gas will make BHO's admin the most powerful America has ever seen. Who knows what he might do ? One thing we're certain he'll do is run for a 3rd term, Whether by changing the USC or more likely by simply running his wife, Michele, in his place. We only know Obama will never give up the amount of power he'll garner in his2nd term. Look at his entire career. Obama has never shied away from taking power or taking credit. Like any good Chicago politician, he knows how to use influence. BHO
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago