Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
energy market he's ever seen. “I've been in the energy business my entire career and I can assure you this 81-year-old has chased down more deals than anyone you'll ever meet. A lot of those deals didn't pan out, that's just how the game is played, but every now and then a big kahuna comes along. When it does, you'd better jump on it. Right now that sort of game changer has landed right in our lap.” For the 1st time in 16 years, US oil rigs now outnumber natural gas rigs, chart: files.dailywealth.com/images/psi-chart8.jpg In 2005, just 11% of the drill rigs in N-A were drilling for oil. Today, it's more than 75%. This isn't rocket science. Less drilling for gas means less gas, just as demand for gas is soaring !
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago