Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
energy market he's ever seen. “I've been in the energy business my entire career and I can assure you this 81-year-old has chased down more deals than anyone you'll ever meet. A lot of those deals didn't pan out, that's just how the game is played, but every now and then a big kahuna comes along. When it does, you'd better jump on it. Right now that sort of game changer has landed right in our lap.” For the 1st time in 16 years, US oil rigs now outnumber natural gas rigs, chart: files.dailywealth.com/images/psi-chart8.jpg In 2005, just 11% of the drill rigs in N-A were drilling for oil. Today, it's more than 75%. This isn't rocket science. Less drilling for gas means less gas, just as demand for gas is soaring !
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago