Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
switch from diesel to natural gas right now in America. Waste Management, North America's largest commercial waste Co recently added its 1,000th natural gas truck to its fleet last summer. It's committed to converting its entire fleet of 18,000 trucks from diesel to natural gas. For every truck that's converted to natural gas, an average of 8,000 gallons of diesel fuel will be saved a year per vehicle. That's a savings of over $19,000 in savings per truck. You don't need a mandate from Congress to make these kinds of changes when the economics are so compelling. So, as you'd expect, W-M isn't the only big Co making the switch. Wal-Mart, AT&T, UPS, FedEx, PepsiCo, Verizon are just a handful of the names converting to NG. P-Stansberry
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014