Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
switch from diesel to natural gas right now in America. Waste Management, North America's largest commercial waste Co recently added its 1,000th natural gas truck to its fleet last summer. It's committed to converting its entire fleet of 18,000 trucks from diesel to natural gas. For every truck that's converted to natural gas, an average of 8,000 gallons of diesel fuel will be saved a year per vehicle. That's a savings of over $19,000 in savings per truck. You don't need a mandate from Congress to make these kinds of changes when the economics are so compelling. So, as you'd expect, W-M isn't the only big Co making the switch. Wal-Mart, AT&T, UPS, FedEx, PepsiCo, Verizon are just a handful of the names converting to NG. P-Stansberry
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago