Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
price of natural gas in the US is roughly 75% cheaper than the intl price. Such a dramatic difference in price in the same commodity, energy, won't exist for long. Likewise, the huge discrepancy between the price of energy in the form of natural gas compared to energy in the form of oil won't last for long either. 2 things are happening, which'll cause prices for energy to equalize. 1st traders will find ways to export US natural gas, moving supplies into foreign countries where the price is higher. 2ndly, domestic consumers of energy will shift from using expensive sources, like diesel, coal, to vastly cheaper sources, like natural gas. That's exactly what's happening right now with the US's biggest energy consumers. They're making the
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago