Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Just as intl price discrepancies foreshadowed a glut of natural gas, supplies of oil are building in the US market to record levels. In June 2012, according to the US Energy Info Agency, US crude oil inventories hit an all-time high for that month. Furthermore, crude oil inventories have almost never been larger since 1983, which was just before the historic collapse in oil prices that saw gas selling for 55-cents per gallon. 10-yr Crude Oil Inventory Chart files.dailywealth.com/images/psi-chart7.jpg This is another best sign that the shale oil boom is real. America's surging oil production is going to change everything we think we know about energy. Right now, the Right now, the price of natural gas in the U.S. is roughly 75% che
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 42 mins ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 4 hours ago