Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Just as intl price discrepancies foreshadowed a glut of natural gas, supplies of oil are building in the US market to record levels. In June 2012, according to the US Energy Info Agency, US crude oil inventories hit an all-time high for that month. Furthermore, crude oil inventories have almost never been larger since 1983, which was just before the historic collapse in oil prices that saw gas selling for 55-cents per gallon. 10-yr Crude Oil Inventory Chart files.dailywealth.com/images/psi-chart7.jpg This is another best sign that the shale oil boom is real. America's surging oil production is going to change everything we think we know about energy. Right now, the Right now, the price of natural gas in the U.S. is roughly 75% che
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago