Amen! My brother is a sociopath and hates me. He has written me letters threatening to hurt me and my family. But there's not a thing I can do about it. If it isn't me, when he snaps, it could be anyone.

Yuck: Michelle for Senate 2016?

DebbieB Wrote: Jun 08, 2014 8:48 AM
Serving as a member of the world's most exclusive club would undoubtedly be appealing. (Didn't you mean "appalling?")

There Is A Good Case For Reparations

DebbieB Wrote: Jun 01, 2014 7:22 AM
The cruelest thing America ever did to blacks was pay poor Momma's to kick the dads out and raise the kids by themselves. Killing the black family -- now THAT is evil incarnate!

Just Assume We Have a Climate Crisis

DebbieB Wrote: May 31, 2014 4:20 PM
I know it's just an excuse every time "weather" happens. But my point is that their solutions aren't even intended to solve the problems they pretend to exist. However, we are polluting and wasting too much. And I wish we could do better because it is the right thing to do.

Just Assume We Have a Climate Crisis

DebbieB Wrote: May 31, 2014 11:47 AM
Assume the climate crisis is real. We can either pay homage to Algore and GE, or we can take real action. Turn off lights at huge industrial complexes at night where the only people who see them don't WANT them and they destroy the animal's sleep patterns. Use motion detector lights and night cameras if you are afraid of vandalism. That would more than cover the "savings" of these dangerous, expensive lightbulbs. Make is so we have engines in cars at least as efficient as Europe. There are plenty of ways to make more efficient engines, but the car manufacturers and oil companies prefer us using more gas. Get rid of ethanol, a colossal waste which has destroyed budgets all over the world and is making us use far more land in American to grown something to burn. It ruins cars. It is subsidized 40 cents (or so) a gallon by the feds. STOP IT! Get nuclear going: much cleaner, safer, and cheaper. Reopen the waste facility, Yucca Mountain, that Obama closed as one of his first acts. Standardize components on electronics and automobiles so there isn't so much waste. Get real public transportation going in this country. --- This is proof that it isn't about global warming. If so, those promoting it would want solutions. They don't want solutions. They want money.

Does Obama Care About the Troops?

DebbieB Wrote: May 28, 2014 9:51 PM
By their fruits ye shall know them. Bush II snuck over there on Thanksgiving Day with nobody knowing about it, and regularly visited with returning troops or went to Walter Reed without press. When he received word that soldiers had died in Iraq one day while he played golf, he gave up golf. He said he couldn't play while soldiers were dying. After his presidency ended, he has continued to visit the soldiers in hospitals and welcome them home. He had his shortcomings as president, but not caring about the troops was not one of them.

The Forgotten Massacre

DebbieB Wrote: May 24, 2014 8:50 AM
I was fortunate enough to spend a year in Belgium with American college students. The Belgians remember it all. The older ones are still grateful for what the Americans did. "Thank you, thank you to every veteran" and the memories of all those who fought there. Our veterans in American still can't talk about it. But the Belgians can. I walked through the trenches and foxholes of WWI and WWII. It's been ten years and still haunts me.
Take a ladder and ask people to climb. Those who make it to the top get $1000. Now take out the bottom rung. Don't raise the prize at the top. Will as many people make it? Now take out the bottom two rungs. The smallest and weakest won't even try. This is what minimum wage does to new workers. It is racist. It applies mostly to young people and doesn't allow them to get an entry level position. If they aren't "worth" ten bucks an hour, they stay home instead. I'd rather have mandatory work for youth, even at two bucks an hour. It will build character.
The idiots are the lemmings who blindly follow the handouts into slavery.
Hmm, can we file some misdemeanor charges against some politicians for bullying?