It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
How about our Senators and Congressmen get paid whatever is the average salary of the nation? If they want a higher paycheck, they will have to work to make the economy better for ALL of the people, not just their donors.
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago