President Obama doesn't talk about abortion much. He famously tried to avoid the question in 2008 when Pastor Rick Warren asked him what rights, if any, unborn children have. "The answer to that question is above my...
"Anti-choicers care nothing for children once they are out of the womb." If that is so, please explain the countless local, national, and international Christian nonprofit churches and organizations that work to help impoverished people around the world. As fallen beings, not even Christians can perfectly reflect Christ. However, those who are truly motivated by His love and Spirit recognize that all people (born and unborn, rich and poor, black and white, etc.) are created in His image, with great worth. As a result, they defend life, and give of themselves to help others in myriad ways.
Abraham Lincoln faced a similar problem in 1854 when he spoke of the “covert zeal” of President Franklin Pierce and Sen. Steven A. Douglas for the spread of slavery. These leading Democrats never said they were in favor of slavery. They simply viewed the right of whites to choose slavery for blacks as a “sacred principle of self government.”Lincoln abhorred this subterfuge.
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 13 hours ago