"I love how it made me feel about myself." That tells you all you need to know about her "faith." It's all about her. Her faith is in herself not in a transcendent merciful God who became one of us. Jesus Christ truly feels our pain. In church I feel good about God who loves me and forgives me for the sins I've committed. God is within but we are not God. We are adopted sons and daughters of God in the order of grace not of being.
I don't know why it's so wrong for people to live with their parents and why it's anyone business if they do. I am 68 years old and live alone. I would like a wife but that's not easy at my age. I wish I had parents or children who would want to live with me. I can manage on my own but I would rather have a family member here who cared about me.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Deagin Wrote: Feb 21, 2014 6:42 AM
I thought this is an interesting aspect of Dunkirk that I had never heard before: It was May 24, 1940, and 338,226 British soldiers had been driven to the water’s edge by the mighty German army in the small town of Dunkirk (France). They were waiting for certain death or imprisonment. It was at that desperate moment that the churches in Britain called for a national day of prayer. With the alarming deterioration of the military situation in France, many decided that it was, indeed, time to pray. On May 23 numerous political leaders, newspaper editors, and King George VI issued a call for a moment of prayer to be held on Sunday, May 26.[1] No one could have anticipated what was to happen during those three momentous days. Just 24 hours after the call to prayer, Adolf Hitler inexplicably ordered his armies to halt, to the surprise and dismay of even his own generals.Two days later, on May 26, the nation gathered to pray. Church attendance skyrocketed, including a large gathering at Westminster Abbey, during which people pleaded with the Almighty to spare their husbands, sons and fathers at Dunkirk.[2]
I have a suggestion for the ones who like this Facebook page and for Facebook: Muhammad should have been aborted. Start a page like that. And sign it with your real names and addresses. Take a stand! Better yet: put it on a sign and go to the million Muslim march on 9/11 in Washington.

Going over the Moral Cliff

Deagin Wrote: Jan 22, 2013 9:47 PM
"Unleashed science". Does that include the unleashing of nuclear weapons and all the other modern weapons like napalm and heavy explosives and high powered weapons that destroyed Europe and other areas of the world in the bloody 20th century? And are still a threat to the world. Sure, science has had positive effects but to leave out all the destruction caused by science is specious at best.

The End of "Land for Peace"

Deagin Wrote: Nov 20, 2012 7:33 AM
I see where a Hamas leader has "dared" Israel to attack Gaza. From Cairo. How brave of him.

Maybe We Really Can’t All Just Get Along

Deagin Wrote: Nov 18, 2012 1:36 PM
Just as the progressives began as racists, they are still racists. If BO was white he would never have been nominated in 2008. A state senator and a one time congressional senator with a skimpy work history as a community organizer and insignificant Lawyer positions. Hilary would have been. and he never would have been elected or re-elected with his record of failures as president. I would bet that most of the whites and all of the blacks who voted for him did so because he is black. That's racist.

Mitt Romney, Big-Government Man

Deagin Wrote: Oct 10, 2012 6:45 AM
What's the point of this article? To discourage people from voting for Romney?

November's Choices

Deagin Wrote: Aug 16, 2012 7:43 AM
What an irresponsible article. If the Judge wrote this after Obama was defeated, ok. But to write this now, he's encouraging everyone who wants to make a "protest" vote for Paul and Johnson and if enough of them vote, they could swing the election to Obama. It's been done before. Way to go, Judge. You're such a "purist" that you could bring down the country. Romney-Ryan is far better than Obama- Biden even if they aren't the "perfect" choice.
Chicago values! What a joke! The words I associate with Chicago are murder, corruption and now sodomy, intolerance and absurdity, not values. Values are positive concepts not anything that Emmanuel and Moreno have.