1 - 8
Our gun rights are not given to us for hunting. They are to prevent the tyranny of government.

Obama's Electronic Medical Records Scam

Ddubya32 Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 10:24 AM
I agree with you 100 % as far as keeping the Feds totally out of it. I was just defending the benefits of EMR. As far as you MD spending more time looking at the computer than interacting with you I would say that as clinicians adjust to EMR they are going to be aware of this and the impression it gives the patient. They are going to have to strike a balance. The pt also need to remember that the computer screen is now simply taking the place of the MD glancing at the old paper chart. It is definitely not perfect yet but I think it will be better as we go.

Obama's Electronic Medical Records Scam

Ddubya32 Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 10:20 AM
I agree with keeping everything we can out of the hands of the federal government. Including this if possible.

Obama's Electronic Medical Records Scam

Ddubya32 Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 10:09 AM
lazy, unmotivated doctors and nurses who do not want to take the time to learn something new. Rest assured they will go the way of the blacksmith after the invention of the car. As for Michelle, I still love her and think she is great. Please find something real to attack Obama on next time though. He is a disgrace to our country and it is a stain on the history of this nation that the re-elected him. I pray to Go that we do not make the same mistake in 2016. Marco Rubio 2016 !

Obama's Electronic Medical Records Scam

Ddubya32 Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 10:07 AM
Now, let me be clear. The things Michelle mention about corruption in where the money may be going , she is probably exactly right. I do not doubt for one minute that if it involves the federal government and money then their is corruption and mishandling involved. My gripe with Mrs. Malkin is that she appeared to attack EMR itself and to not even attempt to acknowledge to tremendous good that it is doing and will do in the future. What sane person would even argue that we should stay on paper documentation if they had one minute even experience what EMR can do. I have used it as a nurse caring for patients and now I train it to both MD's and Nursing staff. The only people I see complaining about it are the .......

Obama's Electronic Medical Records Scam

Ddubya32 Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 10:02 AM
continued: and making the hospital stay saffer for the patient. EMR also makes life better for the nurses because for one things that on paper had to be performed at each hospital stay like Medication history and Medical history being recorded are now stored once and the can simply be reviewed and updated at each new visit. Your discharged from the hospital and go to see your doctor for a follow up next week? With just the click of a button he/she can review all of you test and results from your hospital stay. With E-prescribe your MD orders a prescription for you and it shoots electronically to the pharmacy for you to pick up.

Obama's Electronic Medical Records Scam

Ddubya32 Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 9:58 AM
continued: The doctors who gripe and complain like whinny babies are the ones who HATE the fact that EMR and CPOE (computer provider order entry) forces them to do their own work. With CPOE the MD is forced to sit down at the computer and actually place there own orders. No more illegible hand writing to be be misinterpreted by a clerk and potentially lead to harm being done to the patient. No more MR big shot who doesn't "have time" to actuall write his own order, just yelling out to the nurse " order this ore order that" , and then jumping on the elevator, which can plainly lead to miscommunication and pt harm. CPOE forces the MD to OWN HIS/HER OWN WORK. They place the orders with their own hands thereby eliminating the middle man.

Obama's Electronic Medical Records Scam

Ddubya32 Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 9:54 AM
I am a fan of Michele's without question. I love the way she doesn't hold back when telling the truth about liberals and their lies. In this situation however, on this subject, she seems to have read the back of the book and attempted to write the report. I am a RN who has worked with EMR for years now. I have for the last 2 years trained physicians in the use of EMR. Not only does EMR cut down on potential life threatening mistakes it also make life better for everyone involved. Now I train MD's and the truth is that 95% of them are great and see the benefit. Especially the residents who have grown up on computers and are not intimidated by them.
1 - 8