President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America; "It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices." - John Roberts If this is true, then I question the role of the Supreme Court as a co-equal branch of government.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 2 minutes ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago