Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
yes and the anti gun senator that shot an intruder, teh elite want to keep their guns just dont' let us slaves do the same. And WE are the slaves now, they people who work for the prilege of payign outrageous taxes.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 17 mins ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 56 mins ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New York bans gun ownership for 34,500 citizens without due process Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago