Democrats in the state House have proposed a bill that would force gun owners to either surrender or destroy weapons including semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines and semi-automatic pistols with a fixed magazine that can shoot more than 10 rounds before being reloaded.
Ammunition-feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds also would be banned. Owners also could send their weapons to another...
In response to:
are of course the ones responsible for all the crime. so how exactly would disarming the law abiding help prevent those that do not follow the law from committing crimes. I know what some are thinking, well if we take the guns from everyone, then eventually criminals wouldnt be able to find them, ok, so we are really talking about prohibition of firearms ? correct ? ok,.. lets put aside the fact that prohibition of an object, throughout all of human history, has never stopped those that want that object from getting to it. examples, drugs, alcohol,payment for sex ect. all prohibition does is create a great demand among a fewer more determined group of people [criminals now by definition]
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 53 minutes ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 4 hours ago