In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
Are you referring to "I suggest you try debating the subjective relativity of gravity while stepping off a very high place"? Not exactly threating someone's life.
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago