In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
Women generally don't even know they're pregnant until after the baby's heart has started beating. And abortions happen at all stages of pregnancy. As far as actual abortion goes, the question of human life beginning at conception is actually irrelevant. Whatever uncertainty may exist, it *definitely* begins before any stage when abortion can take place.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 11 hours ago