1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
"but it would be nice to get the idea that the establishment Republicans aren’t content to sit on the deck of the sinking Titanic, watching the ship go down while they ask people running by if they'd like to play a game of shuffleboard while they’re waiting." Indeed, the choice between the so-called Left and Right major parties in US, England and Australia is simply selecting the descent speed of the doomed aircraft or plunging elevator. The Right of the mid-20th century is now effectively just left of centre and anything right of centre, even by degrees, is villified as 'extremist'.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago