The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 12 hours ago