Ruining Everything

DB07 Wrote: Jan 08, 2015 12:59 PM
The real scum amongst the TV lawyers now advertise how much money their clients have won, as if it were merely a lottery! One man's testimonial said "I didn't realize how much my wife's truck acciden was wortht, but attorney Scumbag got me $2.4 million!" Now, for that kind of money, we're left to guess what happened to his wife, but I'd bet she died. "JACKPOT!!!" It makes me sick.
Seriously, does ANYBODY read Newsweek any more?

The 20 Most Annoying Liberals of 2014

DB07 Wrote: Dec 30, 2014 2:05 PM
Ah...so THAT'S how Enron survived to be the corporate giant it is today!
You're all wet. Any talk about "white privelige" is inherently inane as it presupposes that individual whites are, in fact, a group. I'm white, but I'm not group, and have had advantages and disadvantages of many sorts thoughout MY life....as has everyone else. I wasn't born into a wealthy family as Barack Obama's children were, and sent to private schools. Since we are all individuals, generalizations based on skin color are detrimental to rational discussion. You have no business lecturing others if such a starkly self-evident fact eludes you.

Control Freaks

DB07 Wrote: Nov 20, 2014 12:20 PM
Stupid statement, Catfish. Are you suggesting Stossel is doing the bidding of the "cancer tobacco Lobby" (whatever that is)? Any evidence to back that up? (Rhetorical question...of course you don't). You should be ashamed for assigning nefarious motives to a person who is consistent in his libertarian beliefs. Are you perhaps transferring your own personality to Stossel?

Control Freaks

DB07 Wrote: Nov 20, 2014 12:11 PM
I quit drinking about 10 years ago, Ken. I find the smell of alcohol offensive. There are well-documented dangers associated with alcohol consumption, and of course public alcohol consumption, besides being very smelly, produces drunk drivers. My cousin was killed when her car was cut in two by a drunk driver. Therefore, Ken, I don't think you should be drinking in bars.
While discussing Tim Scott's victory on election night with a liberal, I expressed my disgust for the Uncle Tom comments ALL black conservative politicians and pundits are subject to. He responded "What black conservatives?" He truely had no idea.
If the NAACP hasn't called him "Uncle Tom" yet, I'd call that progress.

In Defense of Bill Maher

DB07 Wrote: Nov 03, 2014 2:51 PM
As a middle-aged man who had returned to continue his education, I was proud and pleased that my university secured out-going President Bush as our commencement speaker. Even at our relatively conservative university, the backlash was loud and vile. The actual ceremony was nice, and the president received a warm welcome, save the staff who, though evidentally too lazy to go to DC to protest the president, stood smugly throughout his speech in protest. Had I only been in closer proximity to them, I would most definitely availed myself of my first amendment rights. They sought to ruin our commencement, at which these profs were our GUESTS, and I've since explained to the university why they don't get any donations from this alumni. They immediately stopped asking.

In Defense of Bill Maher

DB07 Wrote: Nov 03, 2014 2:42 PM
An obvious point, and one I'm embarrassed I didn't see myself. That said, it's important that when the crazies on the left act, well, crazy, we point it out loudly. But as you noted, it's behoves us to remember exactly what the first amendment guarantees and what it does not.