How big of a problem do plastic shopping bags pose to the environment?
Since the elected supervisors of Los Angeles' City Council recently voted to ban plastic shopping bags at the city's retailers, largely in response to "clean-water" advocates, who argue that the bags "pollute the ocean and the city's waterways", we thought we'd get a sense of just how big that problem really is.
Our chart below presents the answer, which refers to data that those who support bans on plastic shopping bags frequently cite in advancing their agenda:
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago