After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
Barack Otrauma strives, in the wake of the Newtown massacre, to appear compassionate by pompously stating that those 20 children who were killed "had their entire lives ahead of them, birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own," and pausing before shedding a few of his dramatized crocodile tears. In that regard, I wonder how he would explain to his daughters why he staunchly and enthusiastically endorses the millions of abortions of infants who would not even be able to celebrate their first birthday, let alone any other personally significant events. Pompously Barack Otrauma distinguishes himself as 1 of Saul Alinsky’s most accomplished students by exuding a relative concept of morality and never letting a crisis go to waste!
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 8 hours ago