After the massacre, press secretary Jay Carney reiterated Obama's support for reinstating the federal "assault weapon" ban that expired in 2004, and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., promised to introduce a bill aimed at doing so next month. But we know for sure that an "assault weapon" ban would not...
Barack Otrauma strives, in the wake of the Newtown massacre, to appear compassionate by pompously stating that those 20 children who were killed "had their entire lives ahead of them, birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own," and pausing before shedding a few of his dramatized crocodile tears. In that regard, I wonder how he would explain to his daughters why he staunchly and enthusiastically endorses the millions of abortions of infants who would not even be able to celebrate their first birthday, let alone any other personally significant events. Pompously Barack Otrauma distinguishes himself as 1 of Saul Alinsky’s most accomplished students by exuding a relative concept of morality and never letting a crisis go to waste!
"These tragedies must end," says President Obama, referring to Adam Lanza's horrifying assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday. Although it is hard to disagree with that sentiment, the measures Obama favors cannot reasonably be expected to prevent such thankfully rare but nevertheless appalling outbursts of senseless violence.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014