I have $400 in debt on a credit card, and I haven’t made a payment on it in about two years. The debt has been sold several times, and now the amount they’re asking for is over $1,000. I’d like to work something out, but how do I know the collection company that is calling me now is legitimate?
It’s normal for a debt this old to have been sold a few times. My guess is the company that’s calling you is legit, and they probably
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 16 mins ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 57 mins ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago