Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
No it isn't redefined by Rush. Despite the varying details, Socialism is top-down control. The level of this control extends all the way up to communism. We should attempt as little control from the 'top' as we can, which is Rush's point. Apparently it was lost on you.
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 6 minutes ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 46 minutes ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago