But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
It isn't fair for the government to hurt the economy and raise unemployment.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 16 mins ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 3 hours ago