But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
It isn't fair for the government to hurt the economy and raise unemployment.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 5 hours ago