But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
It isn't fair for the government to hurt the economy and raise unemployment.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 12 hours ago