But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
It isn't fair for the government to hurt the economy and raise unemployment.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 43 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago