But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
It isn't fair for the government to hurt the economy and raise unemployment.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 9 hours ago