But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
It isn't fair for the government to hurt the economy and raise unemployment.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 7 hours ago