Minimum Wage Madness: Part II

David578 Wrote: Sep 17, 2013 3:37 PM
There are Girl scout cookie stands? I thought they went door to door.

Black Education Tragedy

David578 Wrote: Jul 10, 2013 3:28 PM
The threat of starvation also used to be a pretty good motivator. Removing that one has done irreprable harm to the world.
I agree. I don't see abortion as a choice issue. There are two people involved so it isn't an "individual" decision.
It is not legal liberation that is causing problems, it is moral decline, and that is the product of the government placing itself on the altar. Individual liberty is great, but it will be perverted if it is not combined with individual RESPONSIBILITY. It is a positive message to say to your children "you can do whatever you want with your life", but it is horribly corrupting to say "you can do whatever you want AND there will be no consequences". This is how the nanny state turns people to lives of sloth and debauchery.
You saved me the trouble of writing exactly the same post. An individual cannot infringe on someones 1st amendment rights! "Congress shall pass no law..."

Bad Faith and Benghazi

David578 Wrote: May 10, 2013 11:07 AM
Anyone who wants to know why need look no further than "Harry Potter" I think it was specifically in "The Order of the Phoenix". When Harry learns that the evil Voldemort is not dead, and that he is gaining in power, what does the ministry do? They deny the story and attack Harry and Dumbledore for spreading false rumors. They do this to maintain the false impression that they have things under control. This is a comparison that will help explain it to the low information voter.

Minority Student Needs

David578 Wrote: Apr 03, 2013 5:09 PM
And what political party did most KKK members hail from? Oh yes, they were democrats...I guess they did get it.

Educational Rot

David578 Wrote: Mar 13, 2013 9:45 AM
My wife wanted to teach math. She was a math major in college and has worked in highly technical fields for years, but the state deemed math knowledge to be relatively unimportant compared to training in "education". So, this highly qualified woman is forced to join a teacher certification program. After a couple of years of exposure to the education establishment she decided she could not work amongst people with no standards who seemed to be actively reinventing the education process to remove any possible education, she decided it wasn't worth it and went back to her better paying corporate job.

Intellectuals and Race

David578 Wrote: Mar 12, 2013 11:37 AM
Good point. Can we start getting affirmative action for people with no ambition? After all, it really isn't fair.
I shouldn't just have guns as good as the military's, I should have better...if I can afford them. Of course I can't afford them because they took my money in taxes and bought the best for themselves.