Winthrop's directive provided inspiration and caution to those creating a new community; ensuring success would require...
Reagan started us down the road to destruction and now we have to suffer the consequence of his Free Trade (loss of tens of millions Middle Class jobs), amnesty (38,000,000 illegal aliens) and deficit spending (Reagan alone tripled the national debt). ....G.W Bush introduced Fiscal Socialism and now the Marxists have the half of the country on welfare and much of our wealth gone forever.... We are doomed. God will not bless or protect America when we have cultists and Socialists at the helm.
John Winthrop, the first governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, crossed the ocean from England to New England aboard the Arabella in early 1630. While aboard, he penned a directive that he read to those traveling with him either while they were still on board the ship or shortly after they had disembarked that June in Salem. Most of them were Puritans, who were leaving England for religious freedom as well as to start afresh in a New World, as directed by God.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago