Winthrop's directive provided inspiration and caution to those creating a new community; ensuring success would require...
Reagan started the trends that devastated America in the 21st Century. Cushman was trying to raise this dead horse and the truth had to be told.
John Winthrop, the first governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, crossed the ocean from England to New England aboard the Arabella in early 1630. While aboard, he penned a directive that he read to those traveling with him either while they were still on board the ship or shortly after they had disembarked that June in Salem. Most of them were Puritans, who were leaving England for religious freedom as well as to start afresh in a New World, as directed by God.
- House Oversight e-mails: IRS IG report was originally supposed to be released … last September? Allahpundit 25 minutes ago
- Video: Lerner takes the Fifth — or did she? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Say, this attack on Fox News is certainly concerning Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kabuki: Dems yank phony amendment on gay spouses at last minute to help push Gang of Eight bill through committee Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Is Kathryn Ruemmler the next one under the bus? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Weiner polls second in mayoral race as campaign expands Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago