Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 10 hours ago