Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 4 hours ago