The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
I agree that you can buy illegal guns easily. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol and hasn't worked with drugs. A crazy person who wants to inflict this type of damage is not going to be stopped by a gun control law. The problem with this debate is that the politicians who would craft any gun control legislation are people who oppose private firearm ownership of any type. This is why the NRA is so vociferous (sp?) in their stance. Gun control laws don't work. Anyone who is going to break the laws agains killing people is not going to be deterred by a law limiting legal access to guns. Any new law would only affect law abiding people. This is a mental health issue, not a gun comtrol issue.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 41 minutes ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago