To create money out of thin air requires lending. When money is lent, the money is counted twice, once for the lender and once for the borrower. Supposedly the borrower does something useful with the money, earns 5% on it, repays the lender and keeps the spread between his earnings and the interest he had to pay the lender. This is why fractional reserve lending is so dangerous: what happens when the borrower is unable to repay? This is why the lending "dance" begins to resemble the tarantella, going faster and faster.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 21 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 23 hours ago